- 1 Causes of sore on penis
- 1.1 Candidal balanitis or candidiasis
- 1.2 Psoriasis
- 1.3 Condoms
- 1.4 Penile rings
- 1.5 Scab on penis
- 1.6 Poor hygiene under the fore skin.
- 1.7 Vaginal thrush or yeast infection
- 1.8 Allergic reactions
- 1.9 Priapism
- 1.10 Scabies
- 1.11 Penile Cancer
- 1.12 Herpes HSV-2
- 1.13 Gonorrhea and LVG (Lymphogranuloma vanerum)
- 1.14 Urinary tract infection (UTIs)
- 1.15 Syphilis
- 1.16 Masturbation and injuries
- 2 How to Get Rid of Sore on Penis, Remedies and Treatment
- 3 Sore on penis treatment
- 4 What is a sore? – In relation to sore on penis
- 5 Penile Sores Related Symptoms
Sore on penis may be caused by non STD factors like daily masturbation, rough dry sex and a cut while shaving the penile shaft or foreskin. Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs/STIs) like herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea and HIV can also cause painful lesions and bumps on penis. Sore lesions and ulcers on penis can also appear like itchy rash, open blisters on the penile head and shaft that can spread the testicles sack. Below are causes of penile sores and how to get rid of them fast.
Penile sores can be itchy bumps, pimples, rash or painful penile blisters which may be a symptom of an underlying infection. They should never be ignored especially if they are accompanied with any form of discharge. The penis is divided into three major parts the base, shaft and the head. Penile sore affects two major parts of the penis. The Glans and the shaft and may be experienced at the base of the penis in some cases.
Causes of sore on penis
Some diseases like diabetes may causes a persistent itchy swollen penis that is red. This are normally signs of yeast or thrush infection on the penis. Causes of sore on penis are wide and some may also depend the strength of an individual’s immune system.
Many of the STDs and STIs have sores, blisters and rushes as their symptoms and advanced sores may lead to a checkup of sexually transmitted diseases. Below are some of the causes of penile sores;
Candidal balanitis or candidiasis
Candidal balanitis is a major cause of a sore penis that is swollen, red, irritate or itchy. It is characterized by a swollen penile head and this gives it the name “Corn inflammation”.
Thrush or yeast infection is common in women but it also affects men. Diabetic men may have extreme pain and red penile head if they contact candidal balanitis.
Psoriasis is a skin disease that is always characterized by a scaly, itchy patched that may be reddish in color. Psoriasis can occur on the penis only and is identified on the penile shaft or glans as several small red patches.
Some individuals experience a sore on the penis, itching or swelling after using some types of condoms. This happens most in individuals who are sensitive and allergic to latex that is used to make condoms.
This may disappear on their own after sometimes but you should seek medical advice if symptoms persist. There are condoms that are designed for allergic individuals in the market. Just seek the help of any pharmacist near you to identify them and enjoy your sexual life.
Prolonging the penis manually. Individuals with small penis use rings around the penis to prolong erections. Individual with extra-long penis may also use rings to mark the point at which they should not go any deeper while having sex.
Scab on penis
A scab on the penile shaft may cause an extreme sore on the penis when it is still fresh. Areas around the scab tend to be itchy, sore and pus filled in some cases. Scabs should be treated with a lot of caution to avoid peeling them. Peeling a scab on penis may result in open wounds.
Poor hygiene under the fore skin.
Accumulation of smegma under the fore skin due to poor hygiene. Smegma is the white deposits found under the fore skin when it is not cleaned properly. They easily cause infection that causes a red, swollen penile head that is itchy.
Vaginal thrush or yeast infection
A sexual intercourse when your partner has a yeast infection on the vagina can also cause a sore on the penis head. This happens when one is allergic to yeast or thrush in the female vagina. This is always a mild inflamed penis that can be treated.
According to webmd.com vaginal thrush is not classified under sexually transmitted infections but it can be passed to a man during sex and this depends on the man’s immune system or other related risk factors
Using soaps, shampoos, or any allergens that may come into contact with the penis may cause sore on penis. This may be in form of sores from rashes that may be itchy and if left untreated may turn into open sores or blisters.
Priapism is an erection that is stiff, prolonged and painful erection that may happen when you don’t plan to or expect any sexual intercourse. This prolonged erection may also affect children as early as 5 years of age. Priapism cause the stain of the erectile muscles causing them to remain sore and painful. is caused by any of the following;
- Mental health conditions
- Use of alcohol
- Erectile drugs may cause constant erection
- Drugs used on depression may also cause priapism
Scabies are caused by itch mites known as the sarcoptes scabiei and are identified and related to by small spots that are raised and red in color. They might be itchy and may appear on the penile shaft and head. The irritation and the agitation to scratch may increase at night.
Penile cancer is not common but it also causes pain on the penis. It is not common but there are factors that increases the chances of an individual in contacting them. This include smoking and not cleaning under the fore skin.
Herpes HSV-2 is a viral infection spread form sexual intercourse and is responsible for genital herpes. It is identified by lesions on the penis that may be painful. This also result in sore fluid filled blisters on the penis that later cause open sores on the penis and may also affect the entire genital area and the anal area.
Gonorrhea and LVG (Lymphogranuloma vanerum)
Gonorrhea and LVG are Sexually transmitted infections that are caused by the same bacteria. One of the symptoms that relate them to a sore on penis is that, Infected individuals may experience swollen lump that have a sore that is painful or painless on the penis.
Urinary tract infection (UTIs)
Urinary tract infection is popular amongst women but it is also found in men. Bacterial infection on the urinary tract causes UTI in men. Pain when urinating is one of its major symptoms.
A sore painful or a sharp itchy feeling at the tip of the penile head when urinating that may sometimes be accompanied by a bad smelling urine may be experienced in infected individuals.
Syphilis causes open sores on the penis that may not be painful. Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease and should be treated in its early stages before it becomes fatal.
Masturbation and injuries
Over masturbating may leave one with a sore on penis head, shaft or foreskin due to the constant friction. It is easy to bruise the surface of the skin due to its delicate nature.
The penis may also be injured from causing it to have painful sores like in care accidents, severe burns or having rough unprotected sex
How to Get Rid of Sore on Penis, Remedies and Treatment
Home remedies for penile sores are best used after consulting a doctor and one is under medication. They help in nursing the sores at home and help the doctor’s medication in working a lot faster.
However, in cases where a doctor cannot be access at all some of this remedies may be used but it is still advisable to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Keep the penis clean and in cases of yeast infection or scabies, wash with warm water 3 times a day and keep it dry. This helps in creating a bad environment for any fungi to survive or thrive in.
- Put some warm water in a clean bucket and soak a wash cloth in it
- Place the warm wash cloth gently on the affected area and hold for some time
- Repeat 2-3 times in a day for better results and pat dry
- You may apply a recommended moisturizer depending on the nature of the sore
2. Baking soda
Baking soda is one of the best remedy for pain, itching and inflammations. Baking soda has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that are good for healing sores. It also provides a cooling effect on burning sores.
- Add some baking soda in a clean container
- Add a few drops of water and mix. The aim here is to make a thick paste
- Use a clean piece of cotton wool to apply on the penile sores or blisters
- Let it settle for about sometime to relieve any itching, burning or to dry weeping sores
- Rinse off with clean cold water and gently pat dry
- It is okay to repeat this procedure 2 – 3 time a day for better results
3. Soaps and shampoos
When nursing or taking care of a sore penis, avoid soaps and shampoos that contain a lot of chemicals that may irritate the area. Use gentle or mild soaps like baby soaps or seek the advice of any pharmacist near you.
4. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is known for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and can help also help to ease irritation and ease pain on the sore penis. It is also safe to use tea tree oil on sensitive skin that are prne to allergic infections.
- Get some clean water in a container and add some tea tree oil in it
- Mix the two use a piece of clean cotton wool to apply on the affected area
- Let it stay for about 15 minutes then rinse off and pat dry
- Keep the affected are aerated and consider doing this before bed for better results.
If you must have sex while nursing a sore penis, consider using lubricated condoms. This will help you avoid any father infections on the open sores and blisters. It also helps in protecting your partner form any infections. Gay couples should also observe this since anal sex may also worsen penile sores.
6. Avoid sharing or towels
Sharing of towels with individuals with fugal or bacterial infections may worsen the sore penis with more infections. In cases or open sore or blisters on the penis, extreme and strict hygiene measures should be observed. This also avoids the spreading of scabies form one person to another.
7. Use loose cotton underwear
Using a loose but fitting underwear made from cotton helps in keeping a dry cool environment that will easy the sore on penis. This also keeps a clean environment that helps on in controlling any fungal infections on the sores arears.
8. Cleaning under the fore skin
It is important to clean under the fore skin since this is the genesis of bacterial and fungal infections for uncircumcised individuals,
It is easy for the fore skin to get bruised with serious open sores that may cause bad infections during sexual intercourse. Below are a few steps that can help with cleaning under the fore skin;
- Get some clean warm water in a clean basin
- Gently Pull back the fore skin to expose the penile head
- Gently wash it clean and incase of any white deposits, clean gently with the water
- Avoid using harsh soaps that may cause irritation on the delicate glans or penile head
- Pat dry with a clean towel after a proper clean the gently pull the fore skin to its original position
9. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil contains antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that are good for several types of sores and viral infections on the penis including Herpes blisters and sores.
- Clean the penis with clean water and pat dry
- Use some clean cotton wool to apply lavender oil on the affected area
- Let is settle to relieve the itching of burning sensations on the sores
- Let it settle for some time before you consider cleaning
Vaseline is one of the best petroleum jelly that is recommended and is safe to apply on sore penis after a clean wash. It keeps a sore penis soft and moist. Dry skin on the penis may make it easy to irritate leading to more sores or worsening an already existing sore on penis.
Sore on penis treatment
Using over the counter creams for treatments on the groin and penis is not a good idea. It is good to consult a doctor since some of this creams may cause skin thinning. Some individuals may also be allergic to specific creams and may end up with worse sores instead of treating them.
A doctor’s diagnosis may include:
- Blood tests to look for any viral infections from STDs
- Urine tests to ascertain any underlying infections
- Imaging tests and scans on the urinal tract may be taken
1. Anti-fungal creams
This are best prescribed by a doctor after observing the patient’s exact cause. In cases of fungal infections, anti-fungal creams may be prescribed. Do not use this without a doctor’s approval.
Hydrocortisone is normally used in the groin area because it is a weak steroid cream that cannot easily affect the delicate skin on the genitals and penis.
Directly applying the steroid cream as per the doctor prescription should get you good results. Hydrocortisone is highly recommended in cases of psoriasis but consult a doctor before using it at home.
3. Permethrin cream
This is normally used in individuals suffering from scabies. It kills the scabies mites and clears their eggs to avoid any increased breeding. It is prescribed by doctors after being diagnosed with scabies and is not usually recommended for mothers who are nursing (Nursing mothers)
Antibiotics may be prescribed for patients with gonorrhea and syphilis. This can also be used to regulate and treat UTIs and some STIs
Individuals with advanced problems of sore on their penile heads might be circumcised in order to keep a more hygienic environment. It is easy for the fore skin in uncircumcised individuals to harbor or hide bacteria that promote infections.
Some of the advantages of circumcision in relation to getting rid of penile sores are:
- Lowers the chances of getting penile cancer
- Lowers the risk of penile yeast infection
- Lowers then chances of syphilis or HIV virus infection
- Keeps away urinary tract infections compared to un-circumcised individuals
YOU MAY ALSO LOOK AT:
[button color=”red” size=”medium” link=”http://www.cureguide.org/men/blisters-on-penis-white-clear-pus-discharge-penile-scab-bumps-filled-with-fluids-treatment/” icon=”BLISTERS ON PENIS” target=”true”]BLISTERS ON PENIS[/button]
What is a sore? – In relation to sore on penis
A sore is a hurting, painful or aching feeling that may be stinging and sensitive on the surface or skin of the body. It may be a wound, a bruise or an injury that causes any of the following effects;
- Inflammation or swelling on the skin or body surface
- Lesion, ulcer or boil
- Wound, abrasion or abscess
- Rashes or bumps that are itchy or irritating
A sore definition in relation to this topic is in order in order to avoid using any information on this topic to avoid further injuries of misconceptions.
Penile Sores Related Symptoms
Sore on penis may have several or one symptoms that relate to other diseases. Penile sores in most cases relate to Sexually transmitted diseases or self-inflicted pain.
Sore on the penis is also a symptom of some sexually transmitted diseases and infections. Penile sores should always be checked out by a doctor in order to treat any underlying disease before it is too late.
- Red penile head
- Pain or discomfort when pulling back the fore skin
- Rash on the penile shaft that may be itchy and irritating
- Itching or Irritation on the penis that may be intense in some cases
- Pain and discomfort during sex
- Whitish discharge under the fore skin that may have a bad smell
- Pan while urinating
- Bumps on the penis that may be pus filled depending on the cause
- Several tiny scabs on the penile shaft formed from healing open sores and blisters
- Increased itching at night causing sleepless nights.
- Painful erections leading to uncomfortable sex
- masturbation effects on health
Here is a video on extreme diagnosis symptoms of penis conditions related to sore on penis