White penile spots in most cases are penile papules, septic spots or fordice spots on penis that are covered by white smegma under foreskin. Smegma is a very common cause of white patches on foreskin in uncircumcised young boys and teenagers. are worse because they are visible. White spots on penis may also be caused by yeast infection on penis or penile thrush.
The white penile spots have different causes which shall be highlighted in depth in this topic. They can affect any part of the penis i.e. the penile shaft, the scrotum, the foreskin and even the head of the penis.
Before seeking any form of treatment or remedy, it is important to single out the causes of these white spots. If they are a symptom of diseases, then treating the diseases will help in getting rid of them as well. The genital area is covered with delicate sensitive skin hence you need to be very careful on the kinds of mediation you use on it.
Consult your doctor first instead of buying over the counter medication without knowing its side effects. You may think you are curing your rashes but you end up doing more harm than good to yourself. Better safe than sorry. This article will guide you on how to best deal with white penile spots.
Causes of White Spots on Penis, Patches on Glans
- Causes of White Spots on Penis, Patches on Glans
- White spots Penis Shaft
- White spots on the head on penis
- How to Get Rid of White Spots on Penis Fast – Home Remedies, Treatment
- When to see a doctor
- White penile spots Treatment
White penile spots are not pegged to one cause. There is a wide range of diseases and skin condition that contribute to the existence of these spots on your member. The following are insight on the most common causes of these spots.
Little small bumps pimples blister or cyst on penis may be filled with white pus and look like white spots on penis. These white spots may occur as just one on the entire penis or appear in clusters to form a rash.
Penile papules are bumps that occur on the lower side of the penis head. They occur in organised lines that cover beneath the penis head. These skin growths are white and are neither itchy nor painful. They are also not health hazards. The only disadvantage they have is cosmetic.
They can lower one’s self esteem especially when they look like infected STD white penile spots oe bumps. This makes them not feel comfortable being seen by a partner. They can be surgically removed but it is not necessary if you can live with them. According to NHS, “These lumps are normal. They’re not sexually transmitted or caused by bad hygiene. They don’t cause symptoms and don’t require treatment.”
Eczema bumps on penis
Eczema can attack any part of the skin including the penis. It can be caused by allergic reactions and irritation from bathing soap and detergents used to wash underwear. Condoms that are made out of latex also irritate the skin that covers the penis.
It causes intense itching on the penile shaft. It can be very embarrassing to scratch your penis in public. There are steroid creams and moisturizers that treat eczema. They can be bought over the counter.
Fordyce spots are a natural skin condition that occurs in different colours depending on the skin tone of the penis. They are formed by accumulation of sebum.
Instead of flowing out the sebum gets stuck under the skin of the penis. These accumulation of sebum found in sebaceous glands will result into bumps on the skin where the glands exist. These bumps are what are referred to as Fordyce spots.
Uncircumcised men who do not clean up properly are likely to get pimples that look like white heads on their foreskin or the penile head. Bad hygiene is the major cause of bacterial or fungal infection on the penis.
These symptoms of these infection manifest into white heads on penis. A skin condition known as balinitis is caused by bad hygiene on genital area. The penis becomes red and develops fluid filled white rashes.
Allergy on penile head, shaft or foreskin
Allergies are caused by overactive immune systems. The immune system attacks allergens under the impression that they are harmful to the body yet they are not. The result of this reaction is a skin rash among other symptoms. This rash is very itchy. Allergy rashes can occur on any part of the body. The penile shaft or head is likely to allergy rash from condoms made of latex.
The chemical content of some bathing soaps can also cause allergy on the skin. Eliminate the use of latex condom or a new soap product and observe your rash heals with time. Antihistamines will help you in stopping the itching and counter the allergy.
Folliculitis cause white small bumps on penis
This is a skin infection caused by bacterial infection on the root of the hair. Shaving or trimming your pubic hair or the penile shaft in the wrong way.
When you cut your hair root and expose it. Bacterial can easily get in and cause an infection. The bacterial infection will be informed of white pus filled lumps on the penis foreskin. When they occur in clusters they form white penile spots.
Penile Fungal Infection
Yeast if a type of fungi that causes infection on the penis head, foreskin or shaft. Unhygienic practises and dampness on the penis increases the chances of yeast overgrowth.
This multiplication of yeast (candida) is what is referred to as candidiasis or thrush. It is characterised by very itchy white penile spots.
Ingrown hair bump on penis
In grown hair occurs when the pubic hair has been poorly shaved hence the hair tips curl backward into the skin. The ingrown hair them forms a painful fluid filled cyst on the penis shaft, balls or foreskin. The cyst will have different colours from red, to yellow then white depending on its stage of existence.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Sexually transmitted diseases are diseases that are transmitted through unprotected sexual intercourse with infected persons. These diseases usually have different symptoms including white penile spots.
Some are caused by bacteria while others are viral. The most common sexually transmitted diseases that are associated with white penile spots are syphilis, genital herpes and human papilloma virus.
Septic spots on penis
There are natural bacteria that exist on the skin. The good bacteria keep check on the bad bacteria in order to prevent infection. When the population of the good bacteria is compromised then the bad bacteria will have room to multiply and cause infection.
These septic spots are white and puss filled. This puss is contagious when popped. It can easily spread to other parts of the skin if not washed off using antibacterial soap. They can be treated using antibiotics after diagnosis by a professional doc tor.
This is a contagious viral infection that is caused by direct skin contact or sharing of undergarments with an infected person.
It is characterised by white bumps on the genital are that can keep growing in size when being treated. It is important to maintain body hygiene and avoid sharing personal clothing like towels and undergarments with your mates.
White spots Penis Shaft
White spots the penis shaft can be traumatising and can lower a man’s self-esteem. They would be uncomfortable peeing in public urinals or engaging in sexual intercourse. Before you get worked up over the white spots on the shaft of your penis, you need to get proper diagnosis and know the causative agent.
Some of the causes of white penile spots are not harmful to your health while others are an indication of underlying health conditions like sexually transmitted disease.
It may be one big white spot or several tiny spots that are well distributed or are in clusters. These spots can occur on either side of your penile shaft. Your doctor is likely to find one of the following as the common cause of the unsightly milky spots on your penis.
- Lymphocele bumps. These bumps are not sexually transmitted even though they tend to spring up after sexual intercourse or masturbation.
- Penile Cyst- Cyst form on infected ingrown hair due to poor shaving skills
- Cancer of the penis. This causes hard lumps on the penile shaft that bleed when irritated.
- Sexually transmitted diseases. These diseases include Human papilloma Virus, Herpes and syphilis.
- Fordyce spots –they are not painful but can occur under the shaft or on the sides
- Folliculitis – Bacterial infection on hair follicles
- Yeast infection – caused by candida fungi and results into extremely itchy white spots on the penile shaft.
White spots on the head on penis
The head of the penis which is covered by foreskin is a common breeding ground for infections. This is why it is advisable to circumcise male children. White spots on the foreskin are mostly caused by dampness and poor hygiene.
The foreskin is likely to collect moisture and urine after a shirt call and if not washed properly then an infection is inevitable. The most common causes of white spots on the head of the penis or fore skin are:
- Pearly penile papules – They are bumps that occur naturally on the penile head especially on the foreskin.
- Yeast Infection-Overgrowth of candida albicans causes itchy spots on the penile head
- Sexually transmitted diseases like syphilis and Human Papilloma Virus
- Lichen Planus – the white spots dry up and leave scars behind
- Fordyce spots – their cause is not known
How to Get Rid of White Spots on Penis Fast – Home Remedies, Treatment
White penile spots are not necessarily a threat to one’s health. They may lower your self-esteem but not your immune system. Some of them can be treated using simple home remedies.
These home remedies also help in clearing the scar and hasting the healing process when you are put on medication. Follow the instructions and use the remedies accordingly then be rest assured of positive change.
Baking powder is easily available at home. It is an alkaline substance that is very effective in drying out the white spots and lesions on the penis.
It quickens the healing process. Baking powder also has an antibacterial and antifungal agent at the same time. This means that it can fight both bacterial and fungal infections.
- Baking soda
- Clean Water
- Cotton ball
- Clean piece of cloth
What to do
- Mix a small amount of baking soda with a small volume of water in order to achieve a thick paste of baking soda
- Ensure that the area affected by the white penile spots is clean and dry
- Soak a cotton ball with the paste of baking soda
- Gently apply the paste on the affected area using the soaked cotton ball. Be very careful not to irritate the bumps by aggression or friction.
- Let the paste settle on the skin and dry up
- Wash it off using cold water and dry your skin with a clean piece of cloth. Remember dampness encourages the growth of fungal infection.
- Perform this procedure in the morning and evening for a period of 3 weeks.
Aloe Vera is a natural plant that can heal a range of skin conditions. It is both an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal agent hence can cure white penile spots caused by yeast infection or bacterial infection. Aloe Vera acts as moisturizer and soothes the skin. It also helps in getting rid of scars.
- Aloe Vera leaves
- Clean Luke-warm water
- Clean piece of cloth
Here is what to do
- Peel off the back cover of aloe Vera leaves in order to collect the aloe Vera gel that is trapped in the middle
- Collect the gel in a bowl
- Ensure that the affected area is clean and dry before using the aloe Vera remedy
- Gently apply the aloe Vera on the affected area
- Let it settle and sink into the skin until it dries up
- Rinse it off using clean Luke-warm water
- Follow this procedure twice a day until the spots heal and the scars clear off
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is acidic and it is able to kill germs that are informed of fungi or bacteria. It will dry out the white spits on penis and help in getting rid of the scars they leave behind. Remember to dilute apple cider vinegar because its acidic nature can be very harsh on the skin
- Apple cider Vinegar
- Cotton Ball
- Clean piece of cloth
How to use apple cider vinegar to get rid of white penile spots
- Ensure that the affected are on your penis is clean and dry
- Mix apple cider vinegar and water in the ratio of 1:1
- Drench a cotton ball with the mixture of apple cider vinegar and water
- Apply the mixture on the bumps on your penis using the damp cotton ball
- Let the apple cider vinegar dry up on your skin for an hour
- Wash it off using warm water and dry your skin using a clean piece of cloth
- Do this thrice a day for a week
Olive oil will moisturize and smooth the penile shaft and prevent the itchy feeling caused by some white penile spots. It is an antioxidant hence helps in curing skin problems. Ensure you obtain pure original olive oil from a trusted pharmacy.
- Olive Oil
- Clean towel
- Clean water
How to use it
- Take a shower every night before you go to bed
- Pour the olive oil in your hands and gently massage it into the skin of the affected area
- Let the oil stay on the skin overnight
- Wash it off in the morning when you take a shower
- Do this every day for as long a you can
Lemon juice and Honey
Honey and lemon is the perfect combination for getting rid of white penile spots caused by bacterial or fungal infection. They are both antioxidants and will not only quicken your healing process but also help in clearing the scars left behind by these white penile spots after healing.
What you need
- Pure Natural honey
What to do
- Squeeze a lemon before you cut
- Cut the lemon into half and squeeze out the juice into a small container
- Add two teaspoonful of honey on the lemon juice and mix
- Ensure that your penis is well cleaned and dry
- Soak a cotton ball with the mixture of lemon juice and honey and gently apply it on the affected area
- Let it settle on the skin until it dries up
- Wash it off using lukewarm water
- Repeat this procedure at least twice a day
Cinnamon is a spice that has got ability to fight infections and get rid of scars after the bumps dry out heal. It rejuvenates the skin and allows for growth of fresh new skin cells. Cinnamon will also reduce inflammation and soothe the irritated skin.
What you require
- Cinnamon powder
- Natural honey
- Clean water
- Clean piece of cloth
- A bowl
What to do
- Add 3 teaspoonful of cinnamon powder into a bowl and mix it with a few drops of honey to form a paste.
- Ensure that your penile skin is clean and dry
- Apply the paste on the affected area and gently massage the skin with the paste
- Let it dry on the skin then wash it off with lukewarm water
- Dry your skin using a clean piece of cloth. Dampness encourages fungal infection.
- Repeat this at least twice a day
When to see a doctor
Some of the causes of white penile spots like folliculitis, eczema, Fordyce spots, allergy and ingrown hair can be treated using simple home remedies. They do not itch much and do not require clinic treatment. However, you stroll need to get diagnosed by a doctor before you treat white penile spots casually.
Ensure you visit your doctor if you notice any of the following symptoms;
- Hard white bumps on penis that bleeds when irritated. This can be a sign of cancerous inflammations.
- White bumps that change colour
- White bumps with foul smelling discharge ooze out of them
- White penile spots that do not heal even after treatment
- Lumps on penis that are very itchy
- A white spot on penis that keeps
Cureguide.org recommends that you should never use those home remedies when you notice that these white spots on penis keep spreading, keep coming back and won’t go away. You should also seek medical attention especially if you keep having itchy white spots and patches under the foreskin.
According to Mayo Clinic,” Not all penis problems can be prevented. However, routinely examining your penis can give you greater awareness of the condition of your penis and help you detect changes. Regular check-ups also can help ensure that problems affecting your penis are diagnosed as soon as possible. While you might find it difficult to discuss problems affecting your penis with your doctor, don’t let embarrassment prevent you from taking charge of your health.”
White penile spots Treatment
Treatment of white spot on penis depends on the causative agent. After diagnosis your doctor should guide you on the best treatment of white penile spots.
Antibiotics are used to treat bacterial infections including sexually transmitted diseases like syphilis. Your doctor will prescribe antibacterial creams for the white penile spots. Other bacterial infections caused by bad hygiene can be sorted out by antibiotics and improving your standards of hygiene. Wear clean underwear and avoid leaving your junk damp after urination.
Antifungal creams are used to treat yeast infections and reduce the population of candida on the skin. It is not advisable to buy any of these treatments over r the counter without consulting your doctor.
Some of the causes of white penile spots cannot be treated using medicine. They need surgical removal. Penile purples are removed using liquid nitrogen while Fordyce spots can be removed via laser surgery. All these are done for cosmetic purpose so ensure that your operation is done by a professional doctor.
Last but not least, it is important to get circumcised in order to avoid most infections on the penis. The fore skin is a breeding g found of infections if not kept clean.